Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Uncle Tom's Cabin: Study Guide Bonus

Chapter 9

Q: Do you admire men who marry amazing women?
A: Sometimes I wonder how they got that amazing woman to marry them. (Hehe) But yes, I do admire the men who have enough charisma to charm amazing women to marry them. I also think that even if the guy does not necessarily deserve the girl, it is just God's way of blessing them for doing something right in their lifetime.

Q: What do you think about trusting your heart over your head (Stowe 98)?
A: In some situations, do not do it! Your heart can be the ship of your emotions. Some other times, however, go with your heart because sometimes it just might be the right thing to do.

Chapter 10
Q: What would you say to someone who told you that "...de Lord lets drefful things happen sometimes" (Stowe, 107)?
A: I know. I know that God lets dreadful things happen, and it makes me frustrated at times. However, I do know that God never lets anything happen without a good, solid, beneficial reason for it. Everything always works out for God's glory.

Q: Why is it brave to hide your own pain to comfort others (Stowe 107)?
A: Being brave is doing the right thing. If hiding one's pain for the sake of the comfort of others is the right thing to do, it is the brave thing to do.

Q: Have you ever been embarrassed to be from the state or hometown you're from?
A: Not necessarily Hawaii...but I do have to admit that on more than one occasion I have been embarrassed to go to Hanalani. I love Hanalani. I truly do. But sometimes when my co-workers ask me about Prom or some other rules for Hanalani, they give me a weird face and just ask "Why??", my face turns all red, and I start to panic.

Stowe, Harriet B. Uncle Tom's Cabin. New York: Bantam Books, 2003. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment